Debugging Flex 3 applications with Flash Player 10

I came across a problem recently when trying to debug my application after upgrading from Flash Player 9 (Debug version) to 10.2 (Debug version).  As soon as I upgraded my application stopped logging.  I searched everywhere and whilst I found a lot of people with the same problem never really found an answer.

After a lot of digging it appears to be the way you target the flash player version.  My application was targetting Flash Player 9 (in my flex-config.xml):

<target-player>9.0.124</target-player>

Changing this to 10 started the trace logging again.  As I wanted to maintain the v9 target I’ve ended up reverting back to Flash Player 9 to get the logging working again.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s